Our immersive program prepares teachers to be hired by Waldorf Schools across the US and Internationally. A skilled Waldorf Teacher is in a unique position to work with parents to foster the holistic development of our children’s capacities and growing consciousness. We seek to educate teachers to: receive the children in reverence, educate them in love and to send them forth in freedom. Classes meet on Fridays from 4:00 pm until 9:00 pm and on Saturdays from 8:30am until 3:30pm and run 26 weeks, from September til May. In order to complete our program, all the students must take two Summer Intensive Weeks, complete two student practicums, and one final research project prior graduation.
– We are a three year program that features different components: Foundational and Artistic classes, Curriculum classes, and Early Childhood Curriculum classes
– Foundation and Curriculum courses are provided simultaneously during the same year.
– Every term (Fall, Winter and Spring) has 10 weekends. One weekend is a festival, and another one is a focus weekend. Classes will be held during 8 weekends to provide space for these additional opportunities to deepen specific areas.
– The focus weekends are designed to address specific topics in depth and may be open to the public.
– All the students will work together in a collaborative setting and all will attend the same courses. This will encourage more interaction between students and will allow for second and third year students to exercise more leadership.
The Waldorf Teacher Institute program is a developing institute of the Association of Waldorf Schools of North America – AWSNA and the Waldorf Early Childhood Association – WECAN.